PHP / WordPress Developer:
We are seeking a PHP developer to build and troubleshoot new and legacy websites quickly and efficiently. You must possess the ability to navigate a variety of projects, servers, and hosting providers, including AWS.
Strong communication skills are a must, most importantly as it relates to code planning and team collaboration. You must be capable of following technical requirements and direction and working within their scope. Strong command of the English language is essential.
- Transparency – show your work regularly, check-in code or updates daily and be prepared to discuss your work with colleagues
- Communications – provide daily status updates and regular communications with team members via Slack. Be present. Ensure clarity of state and progress in JIRA.
- Collaboration and Team Work – Seek help when needed, provide help whenever you can. Find ways to work together better. Delegate when it makes sense.
- Willingness – Be willing and ready to tackle new challenges. Be creative.
- Troubleshooting legacy websites/code in an efficient manner
- Ability to navigate a variety of servers/hosting providers including AWS
- Strong communication skills, most importantly as it relates to code planning and team collaboration
- Efficient at following technical requirements and direction and working within their scope.
- Strong command of the English language
- Applicants must be able to provide availability between 8am and 7pm, Eastern Time (UTC -5). Ability to provide a daily communication on status and current activities is critical.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand SASS/CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of GIT, Branching strategies, and code management within a small to medium sized team
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to adapt and learn PHP frameworks
Ideally, you'll also:
We offer a whole range of benefits to make life just that little bit easier, some of our benefits below:
How to apply
Send your resume to email@example.com